I have recently noticed more and more ravishing lips on ladies these days! Wearing lipsticks and bolder colors seems to be a growing trend that I cannot say I mind at all!! I love it actually! Because of this love for lipsticks, I decided to discuss the current shade trends with you and how to play them up with your makeup and outfit! Shall we??...
- Go with a matte rather than a gloss
- Pair with a "less is more" eye
- Fair or pale skin, avoid beige (will wash you out); Go with soft pinks and peaches or pale apricot base
- For golden girls, use creamy caramel tones and warm beige; Avoid anything too cool like greys or silver-toned shades
- If you have olive skin consider yourself lucky! You can just work whichever shade you'd like!
-For yellow undertones, light creamy toned beige and latte or mocha shades work great!
- Keep your eyes and face simple; stick to a nude blush or bronze
- Cool skin, go with blue undertones
- Warm skin, use red or orange based pinks
- If you have light or fare skin, try cool or pale shades of mauve or rose pink
- If you have medium to dark skin, try going vibrant with berry and fuchsia
- It is important to make sure your lips are moisturized prior to applying!
- Keep your outfit simple with neutral shades and accessorize with a pink shade or polish to match!
-Be confident with these lips! You've got to own it! ;)
- When outside, stick to a soft sheer red
- In the evening you should go bold and play it up!
-Avoid deep reds if you have thin lips. They tend to make lips appear smaller. Not good!!
- Keep the eyes simple during the day and play up the eyeliner and a nice smokey eye at night!
- Top with a gold gloss to help soften and add warmth
- Top with a pink gloss to cool down
- Be precise!! Don't just throw this on!
- If you use a liner, use a shade close to your natural lip
- To avoid any "bleedng," apply concealer around the border
- Don't overdo the outfit and take away from your lips!
- Outfits of dark shades or neutrals go very well!
- For pale/light skin, avoid dark shades and use blue or pink undertones
- For medium skin, use warm and yellow undertones
- For dark skin, use it all!
- Simplicity is key! Don't overdo your makeup.
- Neutral clothes look great with these lips. Add colors with accessories.
-Avoid wearing a lot of dark clothing. Might appear goth.
I hope this excites you about dressing up your lips for a change!! It sure does me! What are some your favorite shades in these colors?? What about favorite brands??
-Peace Love & Beauty